The act of buying a cat should be very carefully considered. Taking a cat and later realizing that you can not take care of it for a reason would be very irresponsible. If you have already decided , you have to think about the breed and the coat color that you prefer. Every breed has its own advantages and disadvantages. It depends on which cat will be most appropriate for you and your family. Long-haired cat breeds should be brushed up every day and if you do not have time for this, you’d better choose another one. Cats like Syamese, Oriental, Burmese, Abyssinian and Blue russian do not need daily brushing, but they are very much different from the calm and patient Persians. Cats of these breeds need a close contact with their human master, and you will have to play with them more often. Otherwise they will estrange and cause you worries. They also become more prone to diseases. Short-haired breeds and european cats, on the other hand, need significantly less care, they get ill rarely and live longer. They are not so expensive, but their kittens are not so popular and desired, unlike the Persian, Burmese and other exotic cats.
The sex of the cats is also of importance. The males are bigger and after reaching the age of virility they begin to smell more. On the contrary the females often bear new kitties and their owner have to take care also for them. A major recommendation for people owning pure breeds is not allowing the cats to leave the house with no control. Animals walking freely out on the streets are set to more dangers – traffic, poisons, parasites, toxic substances. Such animal can also be dangerous for other breeds and for people.
Cats inheriting parks and living outdoors are in fact semi-wild and can hardly live in a closed area. Even being fed by people, they are trying to stay aside and it is not easy to get caught. These cats are easily distinguished from wandering homeless cats, who are more trusting. Being hungry and tired, these cats are friendly with everyone who give her food and housing.
If you decide to take a homeless cat at your home, you should take it to a veterinarian. Otherwise you are risking the health of your family and the other pets you have. You should also know that any animal, raising indoors is prone to infections because its immune system is weaker. It is also good to quarantine such an animal for several days and to always wash your hand after touching it.
It is also important to know tat after bringing to your home a new animal, if you have already a cat, it will be very jealous. The cat is disappointed because will have to share your love. It much depends on the cat temperament, but it is sometimes hard to make it feel more comfortable.
Now a list of recommendations for those of you who have decided to take a cat:
1. It is better to take a little kitty – being more playful and cute, it will bring you more happiness, and will get used to your house faster.
2. Never buy animals from unknown people. It it better to purchase it from its owner or from shelters. In this case you will know the conditions the cat used to live in and you can share with its owner the specific details that are important to you. Besides you have a reasonable choice – you can choose best from all cats.
3. If you can not choose one or you are not sure what breed is appropriate for you, you can consult with a qualified breeder that can rate the animal’s features, health and give you valuable information.
4. When taking a cat you can consult with its previous owner about the food and the temperature , the animal was bred, so you can provide similar living conditions.
5. When choosing and buying a cat think and estimate everything, but do not take an animal on a probation period. Changing its environment will affect its behavior. Do not forget that with time it will become bigger and less playful.
Hope this article helped you with choosing a cat. You can find other cat breeds information here.